About Our ChurchCome and See!
810 West Florida Ave, Melbourne, FL 32901
Good Shepherd is a Christ-centered warm and caring church family, called to grow as disciples, share Christ’s love and nurture God’s children.
Plan a Visit
If you would like to be a part of this family, would like to grow intellectually, spiritually, and morally, would like to share Christ’s love, and help nurture God’s children, plan a visit to Good Shepherd. All are welcome! Come as you are! You have been invited by Jesus himself, “Come and you will see” (John 1:39) and “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened” (Matthew 7:7-8).
Beyond Sunday morning worship, after we can safely gather in social groups, we will again offer many opportunities for families to get to know each other and enjoy time together at special dinner gatherings, movie nights, choir and bell practices, mission projects to help those in need, and numerous other events. We hope to see you soon!
Mission & Purpose
A Shepherd leads, cares for, and loves his sheep. The sheep knows the voice of their shepherd, they follow him, and him alone. Even the lost lamb is found and carried in the loving arms of his caregiver. At the Presbyterian Church of the Good Shepherd we listen to the voice of the Good Shepherd, Jesus Christ; we follow the will of our creator God; we are empowered to be obedient sheep through the Holy Spirit. Jesus commanded us to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, and mind, and to love one another as he has loved us. That’s our challenge – lead, care for, love, and bring home God’s children. We invite you to join us as we journey and grow in our community of obedient and loving sheep under the care of the Good Shepherd.
Our members say:
Good Shepherd is:
- A church that teaches and instructs us to be better Christians and serve others.
- A loving church family of God’s imperfect people.
- A Christ centered, warm, loving family environment.
- A welcoming congregation of people who are friendly and outgoing to others.
I attend Good Shepherd because:
- I feel welcomed and included and it encourages me to learn, grow, and spread my spiritual wings.
- I feel the presence of God as I worship here in the praise songs and hymns. It reminds me of the small caring church that knows everyone by name.
- I see a need that I can fulfill at this church, and I believe the Lord still wants me here.
- I enjoy the fellowship and friendliness of the members.
- The pastor is the greatest!
When we teach children that their worship matters, we teach them that they are enough, right here and right now, as members of the church community. They do not need to wait until they can believe, pray, or worship a certain way to be welcome here. We must always remember that children are people, too! They are just shorter!!!